I just uploaded six pages of my comic Oh, It’s the End of the World which technically is on hiatus.
Emerald City Comic Con
I’m going to be at Emerald City Comic Con this weekend. I’ve never been and I’m pretty excited about it I’m driving up with an old friend who I haven’t spent much time with in years and staying at some nice folks place who I’ve never met in real life! Then there’s the con itself which I’m told is crazy!
p class=”” style=”white-space:pre-wrap;”>If you’re in Seattle stop by table O-11 to say hello. There’s a good chance I’ll be feeling out of my element and could use a friendly face.
<a href="http://patreon.com/matthewbogart" ><img src="https://matthewbogart.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/26_image-asset.jpg" alt=""/></a>
This is a drawing I did as a reward to a backer at the $10 level. It’s Howard and Erin of Oh, It’s the End of the World in a tickle fight. I like it so much I think I might recreate it for a future page of the book. We shall see!
If you happen to be in Portland this weekend and stop by Wizard Worlds Comic Con, say hello because I’ll be there and I love the word “Hello.”
Some links you might like:
- I’ve been posting all kinds of stuff to my Patreon page recently, including this page a few days before it showed up here, and a post about my approach to drawing it.
- “Writing Is Thinking” is not only a clear explanation of how to write, but why folks who don’t want to grow up to be writers might want to write anyway. Highly recommended.
- Bill Murrys AMA was great.
- I really enjoyed this profile of Jerry Seinfeld by the Guardian. I excerpted some of my favorite parts for you guys.
- Barry Deutsch wrote a post about why the comic series Cerebus means so much to him and why it’s difficult to recommend all of it to everyone.
- I backed my first Patreon project, the fantastic Modest Meduissa. Even if you don’t back Jake and his work, check out the comic. You won’t be disappointed.
That’s all I’ve got for now. See you in a couple days!
Thank you to the generous folks who became patrons this week.
There are all kinds of neat things I’ve been sharing with the backers. I’ve been posting the pages of Oh, It’s the End of the World to my Patreon page the day before they go up on this site. This one actually went up there two days before it arrived on my site.
I’ve been sharing process drawings, like the pencils / roughs of each page before I ink them.
I wrote a post about the tricks I use for drawing crowd scenes. It’s been lots of fun.
I also did two illustrations for backers: one of Mary Sozer from The Chairs’ Hiatus and another of Erin and Howard from Oh, It’s the End of the World.
p class=”” style=”white-space:pre-wrap;”>It just may be It’s the coolest club on the internet.