While I plug away on my next "feature length" comic I've got an exciting idea to propose in the form of a new Patreon goal. I'm calling it the Patreon Chaos Book.
The last time I did a 24 hour comic, although it nearly killed me, I had a great time, managed to make something that turned out pretty well, and people seemed to like it. I think it could have been pushed further however.
I'd like to do another another one, but this time, I want all of you to be involved.
- You, my awesome Patreon backers, enter suggestions into a web page I'll create. Suggestions such as astronaut, tractor, taxation or jngle jim. Whatever you like.
- On an upcoming Saturday, I'll get up super early and crack open the submissions for the first time.
- I then have 24 hours to write and draw a 16 page comic using as many of those terms as I can.
What will it be about? Relationships? Aliens? Time Travel? Who knows? Not me. I won't till I sit down and look over your suggestions the morning of. It's chaos!
I've set the goal to be very attainable. If we can reach $55 in pledges,** that's only $15 more dollars, I'll get everything set up.
What you get.
- Everyone - If you're not a Patreon backer you can still watch the creation of the comic live as I make it. I'll publish the details about the big day well in advance so you can follow the updates.
- All Backers - All Patreon backers, regardless of pledge level, will be able to submit suggestions for what the comic will be about, and they will also receive a downloadable ebook of the finished comic with their name in the thank you section.
- $3.99 backers and above - If you back at $3.99 or more I'll mail you an exclusive print copy of the comic that we made together, with your name listed on the thank you page in the back. (If you live outside the US please add $5 for shipping.)
If this is something you think would be fun to do then please spread the word so we can reach the goal!
- Take part in the creation of a really strange comic.
- Watch me make comics live.
- Watch my brain melt down live under the pressure.
- Will it be the best comic ever made?
- Oh, probably.